Saturday, March 27, 2010

Transparent


Transparent def. - "So sheer as to permit light to pass through, easily seen through, Open, free of pretense or deceit."


If I'm being honest, I haven't been the most transparent person in my life. Even as I write this, I want to edit myself, and be less OPEN. Why is being transparent so hard for me? That's a question I've been asking myself this week. My answer boils down to the fact that I'm afraid. When you're transparent, people see EVERYTHING. There is no place to hide. No mask, no pretenses...just you. The raw, bare, real you. I think maybe we're all a little afraid that if people see who we really are they won't like or accept us. The fear of that rejection, causes us all to hide to varying degrees. My goal is to move past that, because I'm coming to realize how important being transparent can be, to how I share Christ with people. If I make myself vulnerable by being transparent, will that let people see Christ more in my life? I think the answer to that is yes. Knowing that challenges me to make sure that Christ is prevalent in my life. Because when you're sheer, if there's no substance, people see nothing. Here's a cool verse -

"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God..." (Colossians 1:15a)

So basically when we see Christ, we see who God is, through him. I want the same to be said of me. I want Poppy to be the visible image of Christ to people. To do that, I have to get rid of all of the things that get in the way of people seeing Christ in me. It's a tall order, but one to work on!

No comments: