Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Before I left California I got to go to Disneyland one last time...and it was AWESOME!
Here are a few of the things I'm going to miss about working at the "Happiest Place on Earth" -
1. Working Fantasmic guest control shifts - It's basically a four hour shift that consisted of me getting paid to watch Fantasmic... How cool is that! My favorite part is at the end when Sorcerer Mickey comes popping out of the top of the mountain. No matter how many times I see it, it still gives me chills.
2. Walking around Disneyland after closing when the park is empty - It's just so peaceful. And it's cool to think that Walt Disney liked to do that too! Whenever I was in the park after closing, I made sure to take the long way back to the employee shuttle so I could experience the peace of Disneyland after hours.
3. Company D - It's an employee's only store that sells all kinds of Disney merchandise at a super discounted price. I actually went the morning of my last day of work. You have to show your Disneyland employee ID to be able to shop there. On my last day I got a Princess Leia potato head for only $3! Who could ask for anything more!?
4. Getting to do cool behind the scenes stuff - like...going on a walk through of Pirates of the Caribbean. Seriously one of the coolest things I got to do at the park. I was closing at Indy one night when the closing lead mentioned that a group of people were headed over to Pirates to go on a walk through. He asked if I wanted to go, and I jumped at the opportunity. It was an adventure We got to climb into most of the scenes and hear lots of behind the scenes stuff about one of the most classic Disney attractions. I got to take pictures on my cell phone to save the memories(which I promised not to post online!)
5. Getting to help "Make the Magic" - I know it sounds sappy, but I think when people visit Disneyland they expect to expereince some magic. It was cool getting to be a part of that. I LOVED getting to make people's day by doing something as simple as giving them a fastpass, or telling them the best spot to see Fantasmic from.
at 10:39 PM