Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bummer...

Hello to anyone out there who's reading! So I didn't get the job in Guest Relations at Disneyland. BUMMER! I must admit I was surprised, because I had such a great interview experience. Oh well...they did ask me to come in on Saturday to look at other positions at the resort, so I may be getting a Disneyland job after all. I've really been praying that whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I'm thinking that I'm going to be starting school in January, so I obviously need a job that will work with my school schedule. I've worked for Disney before, and I know that they are not always willing to do that.

I haven't mentioned it before but I am leading a discipleship group at the church I go to, and tonight is our first official meeting. They did the launch for the groups on Sunday, so I did get to meet the girls who will be in my group. Just to give you a little background discipleship groups are small same sex bible study groups. They're same sex to really give everyone the chance to feel comfortable saying anything they want. And they're small to really promote intimacy among the members. I'm super excited to get the chance to lead a group, and it should be fun.

1 comment:

Elephant Steps said...

Sorry you didn't get the job with Disney that you wanted. You will have to keep us updated if you do decide to work with them after they give you other options. I worked for them for a brief period, and didn't have a problem with them working around my school schedule. Would you be going full time to school?
Good luck with your group tonight, you sound very excited about it. :)