Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn - my book review


So I finished the new Stephanie Meyer book "Breaking Dawn" on Sunday. I've read the first three books, and am a pretty big fan of the series. I must say that I was disappointed in the final book. I'm reminded of my feelings for the Matrix trilogy. Let me explain...I LOVE the first Matrix movie. It was groundbreaking, unique, creative, and just plain GREAT! Then the second movie (The Matrix Reloaded) came out, and although I thought it was good, it wasn't nearly as good as the first film. Then the final movie in the trilogy (The Matrix Revolutions) was released...and to put it lightly, it SUCKED. I felt like they got to the end, and had to wrap things up, and they just didn't know what to do. And that's pretty much how I felt about this book. Parts of it were good, but for the most part I was disappointed in how she chose to deal with a lot of the plot lines. The Edward, Bella, and Jacob love triangle for example. I just felt like she coped out. It's a love triangle, people get hurt, usually everyone involved. But not in Stephanie Meyers world...Things were a little too tidy by the end for me.

The series is really popular, so I'm sure she (the author) was being rushed to write the final book. A large part of me wishes that she'd just taken another year, and put out a better book....




I give it a 2.5 (out of 5 stars)
(and that's being generous!)

No comments: