Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hearst Castle...

A couple of weekends ago some friends and I traveled up north to go check out Hearst Castle. The castle was built by William Randolph Hearst between 1919 and 1947. To say that it's elaborate, is an understatement. At the time it was built, it cost about 10 million dollars. Translate that into today's currency, and you'd be talking about a 100 million dollars. While I was fascinated by the history and grandeur of the place, part of me kept wondering, would I build something like that if I had the money? My answer to that was no...I just don't think I could justify spending that kind of money when I know there are so many people in the world who are in need...I know that sounds super cliche, but really stop and think about that...how much good could you do with 100 million dollars?

Here are some photos...


This is what greets you as you come up the main stairs...

This is one of the guest houses...


This is the "Main" house...

Anyone for a swim?


The Dining Room...




1 comment:

Fatinah said...

looks like my place ;-)