Saturday, May 31, 2008

One Wedding and a Sequal



Did two things today...I went to a wedding, and I finally saw Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull. The movie was Great! I was a little scared, because I'd read some not so great reviews...but once again the critics were wrong! Why do we even listen to them? I went with some friends, and I actually made them sit through all of the credits to make sure there were no surprises at the end. I made the mistake of leaving at the end of Iron Man, and I missed the cool Avengers tie in...Never again will I let that happen. From now on I'll stay after the credits no matter what the movie is!


The wedding was also Great. The now married couple are two great people I know from doing youth camps here in California. The wedding was outside, surrounded by mountains and trees, and it was beautiful. I will be honest and admit that the older I get, the more I'm tempted to get a little depressed when I go to weddings. Not that I'm not happy for my friends...or that I'm some psycho desperate single woman. But I do want to get married, and the more and more I see people getting married around me, the more I start to think that maybe I'll be single for the rest of my life. And that's a tough cookie to swallow! But I can honestly say that whatever God wants for me, is what I want. No matter how hard that may seem. I don't mean to make it sound like that's been an easy decision for me. It's definitely taken me some time to get to the point where I can say that, and REALLY mean it. Check out these great verses I found today...

Psalm 38:9-10, 15
All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not
hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even
the light has gone from my eyes. I wait for you, O LORD; you
will answer, O Lord my God.

So it really all comes down to trust...Do I trust God with my life? He knows my heart, my desires, my everything. If I've truly surrendered myself to him, then I know where he's leading me is the best place for me...wherever that may be!

No comments: