Thursday, November 4, 2010

Re-adjusting…

My three months in Ibiza was amazing. I’ve been home for a few weeks now, and I’ve just been trying to re-adjust to life here in Las Vegas. Getting my body clock back in order took me a good 10 days alone! The awesome news is that I’ll be heading back to Ibiza in the spring of next year. I’m super excited, and really just depending on God for all that needs to happen between now and then…

Since I’ve been home I’ve…

  • Moved
  • Eaten more veggie burgers than I care to admit!
  • Gone Trick or Treating with my nieces and nephew - One of my 4 year old nieces was seriously surprised at each house as she got more and more candy. I don’t think she fully understood the whole concept of trick or treating!
  • Re-discovered what life with internet is like. (amen!)
  • Realized that I still do know how to drive after 3 months of being chauffeured around!
  • Had some amazing God time…
  • Been writing…thanks to NaNoWriMo

So I am re-adjusting to life back here in the states, but…I’m not getting too comfy, because I know I won’t be here for long…The cool think is that I feel like I’m in this kind of in-between stage. Like I’m in holding while I wait for the next part of my life to take off. It’s weird to feel comfortable here. But, I get that any comfort I feel here comes from God. And when I use the word 'comfortable', I don't mean the kind that is lethargic, and is just going through the motions. I mean the kind that knows that I'm resing in God during this in-between time. The kind of comfortable that knows I'm exactly where God wants me...

I read this great devotional called God Calling, and recently i was struck by a line in the entry from October 30th:

“Use this waiting time to cement the friendship with me, and to increase your knowledge of me.”

That’s exactly what I feel like God is calling me to do during this in-between time. To keep digging deeper, and to keep drawing closer and closer to him.

No comments: