Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm in Ibiza...



That's right...I'm FINALLY in IBIZA!

Since we do most of our work at night, I’m trying to get into the same rhythm as the rest of the team. The street work that we do usually happens between 11:00 pm and 5:00 - 6:00 am. So I’m working to get acclimated! I’m living in an apartment with 3 other girls who are here long term. Christine, Claire, and KT. Everyone here has been really welcoming which has been great.

On Sunday nights there is a service that the ministry has started doing. It was so cool to participate in it this past week. There were at least 6 of the West African girls who work as prostitutes here on the island who attended. They took bibles, and were really open to chat and pray. These girls are brought to the island during the busy summer season to work. Some of them come not knowing that they will be prostitutes. Once they’re here they’re forced to work off their “debt” before they can return home. When I was here on the prayer team last April, we spent lots of time praying for them, so it was good to finally meet them tonight. I’m praying that God would give me the chance to speak and pray with as many of them as I can.

No comments: