Friday, July 17, 2009

Food, Inc

FINALLY went to see Food Inc. last week. It was a real eye opener. It made me both sad and angry, and I think it's a movie that everyone needs to see. Here's one of the statistics from the movie that scared me:

1 out of 3 children born after the year 2000 will at some point in their lives develop type 2 diabetes. For minorities that number jumps to 1 out of 2.

That is just unacceptable! We really need to take a look at the foods we eat, what's in them, and where they come from. It made me take a look at my own family, and the way I was raised to eat. I'm sitting in my sister's kitchen typing this blog and as I look around at the food she has, I'm realizing that probably 90% of it is processed. Most of it contains chemicals that our bodies were not meant to process.

Seeing the movie makes me want to pay more attention to the foods that I put in my mouth.

No comments: